For the third consecutive year, Injured Workers Pharmacy has been recognized as a Best Blog of 2019 by WorkersCompensation.com. Nominated by members of the workers’ compensation community, blogs were judged by a panel compiled of industry leaders on several criteria, including age, frequency of posting, and website traffic. IWP is dedicated to educating our readers on all things workers’ compensation and we are so honored to have been selected once again.
On our newly re-designed website, you’ll discover blogs touching on important topics, like medication updates, worker safety, workers’ compensation regulatory changes, pain management, workplace wellness, and more.
With so many exciting and informative blogs, it begs the question – where do I start? To help, we compiled a list of our top five most popular blogs so far this year.
- Side Effects vs Adverse Effect – Many of the medications on today’s market have some sort of clinical side effect. Medication initially alters the body’s chemical stability leading to the potential of at least one reaction within the body. Learn the difference between a side effect and an adverse effect and what steps you should take before starting a new medication.
- 5 Things Every Injured Worker Should Know About Workers’ Comp – Unfortunately there is no playbook that tells injured workers who to call, what to do, or which questions to ask regarding workers’ comp. Being injured on the job can be scary, but preparedness is key. Learn the important things you should know after you’ve been injured on the job.
- Meet Our Team: Michael Gilbert –The IWP team is comprised of amazing people who have a true passion for helping injured workers throughout their recovery. Meet Michael Gilbert, a Litigated Claims Specialist at IWP, and see what he says sets IWP apart from other pharmacies.
- Calculating Dosage Risk with Morphine Milligram Equivalents - Healthcare professionals developed a formula that allows an easy conversion to be made to compare the doses of different narcotics. Learn how to calculate dosage risk with MME equivalents from IWP Pharmacist, Vivian Tahmasbi, PharmD.
- Best Healthcare Apps to Monitor Your Health - Healthy habits after experiencing a work injury can increase your chances at a smoother recovery and help you become your best you. Learn which applications may aid in the recovery process after a work-related injury.
Congratulations to our amazing team of bloggers for curating helpful, relevant content for injured workers and those who support them across the country. We’re honored to have the opportunity to educate our readers and aid them throughout the workers’ comp journey.
Want to stay up to date on IWP’s latest blog posts? Fill out the form below to be added to our weekly email list.