IWP provides injured workers with hassle-free prescription service delivered right to their front door. Through our easy enrollment process, patients receive the medications they need quickly and at no out-of-pocket cost to them. Whether their claim is denied or in litigation, our Continuity of Care Program ensures that patients will receive the medication they need to remain on their treatment plan.
IWP delivers peace of mind to those injured in auto accidents by providing continuous prescription care throughout claim processing. We ship medications directly to their door, and in turn bill the auto insurance carrier directly. IWP eliminates the need to pay out-of-pocket expenses and worry about filling out and submitting confusing claim forms.
As your pharmacy partner in Personal Injury cases, IWP serves as an extension of the treatment team, providing convenient, full-service home delivery pharmacy services to injured individuals. In cases where a patient is uninsured or underinsured, we can continue to ship medications on a lien to ensure continued prescription care while a case is ongoing. IWP’s relationship with our funding partners offers fast and reliable prescription care for patients and is a great alternative to traditional insurance.
Quality of Care
- Drug Utilization Review (DUR)
- Before filling any prescription, an IWP pharmacist looks at the patient profile to ensure there are no drug interactions or allergies. After cross-checking current medications and allergies under each patient profile with the newest recommended prescription within our DUR computer database, the DUR will alert our pharmacist if contradictions exist or if dosage is abnormally high.
- 4-Point Quality Check
- Pharmacy technician enters prescription data into system
- Pharmacist reviews prescription
- Pharmacy technician fills prescription and verifies type of medication and quantity
- Pharmacist reviews prescription for a final check
- IWP tracks narcotics daily through the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP). NABP InterConnect allows participating state PMPs across the United States to be linked, providing a more effective means of combating drug diversion and drug abuse nationwide.
- Opioid Monitoring
- Every IWP pharmacist works closely with physicians to monitor the use and abuse of opioids. We work tirelessly with physicians on tapering and other programs to balance medication needs.
- IWP also provides daily reporting to all state PMPs and adheres to the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) program.