IWP’s Government Affairs program aims to establish an agenda and course of action for a program of workers’ compensation education and advocacy. Working before the State Legislatures, U.S. Congress, Workers’ Compensation Commissions, Workers’ Compensation Advisory Boards and relevant state agencies, IWP’s Government Affairs program works on matters of critical importance to our unique business model while advocating on behalf of injured workers.
Relevant state matters under review include:
- Pharmacy and Physician fee schedule
- Prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMP)
- Non-resident pharmacy license requirements
- Creation of pharmacy or physician networks
- Patient choice of pharmacy
- Pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) transparency
- Opioid limitations
- Drug Formularies
Within the context of this legislative plan, IWP's Government Affairs team monitors, advocates and reports on matters under review at federal and state levels. They work closely with all workers’ compensation stakeholders, including, but not limited to state legislative staff, pharmacy associations, and associations for justice, state agencies and workers’ compensation commissions. This team monitors pharmacy-related legislation and regulations while tracking issues affecting workers’ compensation attorneys and physicians.
For example, in New Hampshire, SB 71 proposed a new medical fee schedule tied to 150% of Medicare rates. Even though this did not directly affect our pharmacy reimbursement model, we took action on behalf of New Hampshire physicians.
Benefits of our Government Affairs program:
- Legislative and regulatory updates
- An experienced legislative resource always available to answer your questions
- The opportunity to submit public comments and amendments to proposed legislation or rules that benefit your practice
- Tracking and monitoring legislation and regulations in all 50 states
If you are seeking more information on IWP’s Government Affairs program, please contact VP, Government Affairs, Jayne Kresac at jkresac[at]IWPharmacy[dot]com or Manager of Government Affairs, Danielle Jaffee, at djaffee[at]IWPharmacy[dot]com.